Congratulations to Father Ed Martin, who has been appointed
Pastor of St. Isabel Parish!
NEWS & UPDATES
The Covid 19 pandemic has impacted everyone world wide. At St. Isabel Parish our primary concern during these unprecedented times is the holiness, health, and safety of all our parishioners and visitors. We continue to pray for everyone affected by this health crisis, especially the sick and their care givers. As we return to public worship we will need to respect the restrictions and guidelines that the health professionals have provided, as well as our state and Diocesan directives. Choices will need to be made on the part of each individual. The obligation to attend Mass on Sunday has been lifted until September 1, 2020, so please do not feel like you are “required” to attend in person. We will continue to stream our Daily and Weekend Masses for our Parish Family and all our Friends around the world.
St. Isabel Catholic Church Mass Times: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 8:30 AM --Saturday at 5:00 PM --Sunday morning at 9:30 AM
If you feel called to attend Mass in person, please be aware of the following policies and procedures for Saint Isabel Church that all parishioners must follow to attend Mass.
Before You Arrive
- Masks for ages 2 and over, face coverings are required on our entire campus and for the duration of Mass.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer that can be used before receiving Holy Communion.
- Please do not bring items that contain bleach into the sanctuary as this will damage the pews.
Capacity and sitting
- For now, Masses are limited to 50% capacity across the Diocese of Venice in Florida which limits our numbers in our main sanctuary per Mass.
- Masks (for ages 2+) should be worn as soon as you leave your vehicle.
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before Mass begins to be seated.
- The main doors of the church will open 25 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
- Access to the church will only be allowed through the main front doors.
- We will do our best to seat your household.
- The church will be seated to fill the open pews from front to back.
- Certain pews will be closed.
- You may be sharing a pew with another household, but social distance is required between the households (6ft).
- Masses will be conducted as you have seen on the Live Stream with reduced volunteer lay ministers.
- Communion will be distributed by clergy only.
- Please keep your face mask on for the duration of Mass.
- There is to be no physical contact between households at the Sign of Peace or hand holding during the Lord's Prayer.
- Baskets will not be passed during the offertory. You will be able to place your weekly gift in a basket as you exit the church, and we strongly encourage online giving through:
- Your generosity is deeply appreciated more than ever, it is our hope that you continue to support St. Isabel Parish.
- Communion is to be received ONLY in the HAND.
- The precious blood will not be offered to the congregation.
- Use of personal hand sanitizer before communion is strongly encouraged.
- There will be social distancing markings to follow during communion in the center of the main aisles of the church.
- Masks should be worn in the communion line. After the priest offers you communion please step to the side onto the marked social distancing spot, remove your mask, consume the Eucharist, and then re-mask as you head back to your pew.
- After the final blessing, parishioners are asked to adhere to social distancing rules when exiting the church.
- The side doors will be used for exit and is based on which side of the pews you are seated.
- Private prayer is not available after Masses to allow time for cleaning the church.
- You can drop your weekly offertory in the basket provided as you depart.
- Clergy will not shake hands in the Narthex.
- Please do not congregate outside on the campus, but head directly to your vehicle.
Church Cleaning Procedures
- We will continue to implement cleanliness and sanitizing practices, including disinfecting pews between every Mass. Disinfecting bathrooms, door handles, and other frequently touched surfaces.
We care about you. Please follow CDC recommendations regarding your own health. We strongly advice that 65 and above, especially if you fall into an "at risk" category, to please stay home and subscribe to our YouTube Channel and join our Live Streaming Mass at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8790obA5s&feature=youtu.be
If you have any illness of any kind, or are exhibiting any symptoms, please stay home.
By entering our church, you are acknowledging the potential risk for you to be in a public location. You will be attending at your own risk and accept that you will not be able to hold Saint Isabel Catholic Church, the Diocese of Venice, or any party within those organizations accountable for any illness or injury that may happen to you.
As we each take responsibility to exercise great care to protect ourselves and others, let us stay mindful that safeguarding our own health and our fellow neighbor's health offers reverent service to God, as Jesus says, whatever we do for the least of our brothers or sisters, we do for Him. Please help to keep everyone safe by following the procedures. Thank you once again for your patience during this challenging time; our Parish community is here for you.
The hours for church visitation, other than to attend Mass, will remain the same. Please see St. Isabel open for Visitation page on our website for the schedule and guidelines for visitation to St. Isabel. OTHER CHURCH ACTIVITIES: All other church/parish activities remain suspended at this time.
2020 Catholic Faith Appeal
9 a.m. to Noon, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Telephone: (239) 472-2763
To receive Parish updates, please click on the flocknote Sheep.
Flocknote is an email messaging tool created for churches, ministries, teams and other community organizations. We help you communicate with the people you care about. At St. Isabel Catholic Church we’ve adopted this new and improved way of communicating that will make it much simpler for you to get the information you want from us! It’s powered by a service called Flocknote... like sending a "note" to your "flock"-- Flocknote.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.